The Art of Yoga
Embark on a journey of self discovery! Deepen your personal practice or prepare to become a yoga teacher in this comprehensive, 100-hour course. The Abhaya Immersion delves into the many aspects of yoga: asana, alignment, therapeutics, philosophy, history, anatomy, Ayurveda, pranayama, meditation and more. The immersion is a prerequisite for Abhaya’s teacher training, and all class time counts toward the 200-hour, Yoga Alliance-certified program. The Abhaya Immersion focuses on learning the Abhaya Method, a non-dogmatic, therapeutic system based on Eastern healing modalities, Western physical therapy and functional movement techniques. The Abhaya Method helps awaken the body’s innate intelligence by releasing gripping and holding patterns and ultimately promoting the healthy, balanced flow of energy.
The program is appropriate for the serious and enthusiastic student or anyone looking for the highest level yoga teacher training education.
In the immersion, you will:
- Learn alignment principles to keep yourself safe in any yoga class, and watch your physical practice expand quickly.
- Gain a deeper understanding of philosophical concepts that can support you in your life off the mat.
- Discover a sense of empowerment and growth through community support.
Yoga Immersion Schedule 2017
Abhaya Yoga Teacher Training Manual (Included)
- Heart of the Yogi, by Doug Keller (doyoga.com)
- The Key Muscles of Yoga, by Ray Long (amazon.com)
- Refining the Breath: The Yogic Practice of Pranayama, by Doug Keller (doyoga.com)
- Light on the Yoga Sutras, by Iyengar (amazon.com)
- The Living Gita, by Sri Swami Satchidananda (amazon.com)
Questions? Need further information? Contact email@example.com.
Members receive first 10 hours FREE! Find out about membership options.
- Early Bird: $1,550*
- Regular Price: $1,725
Payment Plans available off the regular price plus a $50 admin fee (50% of tuition must be received one week before start date). Contact us for more details.