Advanced RYS Yoga Alliance Teacher Training in Brooklyn!
Altruism • Artistry • Refinement
In this advanced teacher training, Tara Glazier will focus deeply on refining the teacher’s voice and cultivating skill through experience. Learn more specific verbal skills, how to theme and sequence more eloquently, greater leadership skills, and most importantly how to positively shift the energy of a group to create a transformational class. Program will also include advanced hands on adjustments, therapeutics, advanced applied anatomy, teaching meditation and pranayama. As well as study of the Pratybijna-Hrydyam, the Bhagavad Purana, Ayurveda, advanced mythology and more. This program is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Through this rich and rigorous training you will gain your 500-RYT while customizing your own unique program. You will acquire advanced skills in teaching as well as experience in your field of interest.
There will be three primary areas of focus-
Refined Teaching Skills and Mentoring:
The teaching skills portion takes place on chosen Sundays and includes topics such as enhancing and clarifying verbal instruction, honing observation skills, hands on adjustments, lower and upper body therapeutics, thematic coding, refining the voice and more. The Wednesday portion will focus on practicing these skills in a small mentored group. This is a rare opportunity to teach and receive skillful feedback. These groups will focus on advancing your teaching and stepping into your full potential.
Guest Teacher Modules:
Teaching in Service:
Students have the opportunity to receive experience in their field of interest. Options include: assisting in service programs (Lineage Project, Akasha Project), assisting/teaching in Abhaya classes, assisting in off-site classes (pre-natal, kids, chair yoga), yoga business interning, and/or deeper studies in teaching meditation and philosophy.
Why Advanced Teacher Training?
- Become a more skillful teacher that is able to teach a solid, inspiring class while attending to everyone and even therapeutic issues in the room
- Increase your therapeutic knowledge and become a sought after teacher for private lessons
- Learn skills to increase the size of your group classes
- Educate yourself in the specific field you are interested in and become more specialized
- Learn from some of the best yoga teachers in the world that are steeped in a lineage of Tantra and yoga education
- Find potential opportunity with Abhaya, various affiliated service projects, and the larger network Abhaya has connections to. Abhaya works with the students to help them find opportunity in the world of yoga.
What you will walk away with from this Advanced Training
- A RYS 500 Hr Certification
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
- Pre-Natal Teacher Training
- Mini- Thai yoga training
- Teaching/Assisting experience in the class-room
- Deeper experience in your field of interest
Elective hours allow the students to choose which area of study they would like to focus on. These courses are taught by experts in the field giving students very high level education to advance their craft.
Students have the unique opportunity to choose the area of interest they would like hands on experience in.
Options include: (1 required/1 elective)
1) in-class Asana with various Abhaya teachers
2) in-class Asana with outside teachers (TBA)
3) meditation, philosophy, service, business, chair yoga, pre-natal and more’
|Retreat at Seven Arrows||
|Dates||9/20/15, 10/4, 10/18, 11/1, 11/15, 12/6, 12/20, 1/3/16, 1/24, 2/7, 3/6, 3/20, 4/3, 4/17, 5/1, 5/22, 6/5, 6/26|
|Guest Teacher Saturdays*||10/17, 11/14, 12/5, 1/23, 3/19, 4/16, 5/21,|
|Mentoring||Wednesdays 8:15 -9:30 PM|
|Group A||9/9/15, 10/7, 11/4, 12/9, 1/6/16, 2/10, 3/23, 4/20, 5/25, 6/29|
|Group B||9/23, 10/21, 11/18, 12/16, 1/27, 3/9, 4/6, 5/4, 6/15|
*Times may vary
$4250 regular registration
Price includes 20 class card.
August – no classes, just electives and make up work.
Prerequisites: 200 hour level Yoga teacher training.
Space is limited.
e-mail email@example.com for application
Abhaya Yoga is a 500 hour Level RYS Yoga Alliance certified teacher training program.