500 Hour Level RYS Yoga Alliance Teacher Training in Brooklyn!
with Tara Glazier
Starts 2015 !
A 300 hour program for teachers with 200 hour certification.
In this advanced teacher training, Tara will focus deeply on refining the teacher’s voice and cultivating skill through experience. Learn more specific verbal skills, how to theme and sequence more eloquently, greater leadership skills, and most importantly how to positively shift the energy of a group to create a transformational class. Program will also include advanced hands on adjustments, therapeutics, advanced applied anatomy, teaching meditation and pranayama. As well as study of the Pratybijna-Hrydyam, the Bhagavad Purana, Ayurveda, advanced mythology and more. This program is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
There will be three primary areas of focus :
Teaching skills and mentoring :
Fearless Yoga Training: Renowned Guest Teachers 2013
Abhaya welcomed 12 extraordinary guest teachers, all of whom are internationally recognized. Student teachers also received a Yoga Nidra teacher training, a mini- thai yoga training, a mini pre-natal training, and continuing education in therapeutics, applied anatomy, Ayurveda and philosophy.
Scott Blossom-Ayurveda, Dr. Manoj Chalam-Symbology, Sianna Sherman-Advanced Asana, Jonas Westring-Thai Yoga, Ellen Saltonstall-Therapeutics, Dr.Naina Marballi-Ayurveda, Hareesh Wallis-Tantric Philosophy, Danielle Lee-Restorative Yoga, Mia Borgatta RN.-Prenatal Yoga, Jennifer Reis-Yoga Nidra, Edwin Bryant Ph.D.-Bhakti Yoga, Jennifer Pettit-Prenatal Yoga
Students have the opportunity to receive experience in their field of interest. Internship options include: assisting in service programs ( Lineage Project, Akasha Project), assisting/ teaching in Abhaya classes, assisting in off-site classes ( pre-natal, kids, chair yoga), yoga business interning, and/or deeper studies in teaching meditation and philosophy.
Why Advanced Teacher Training?
- Become a more skillful teacher that is able to teach a solid, inspiring class while attending to everyone and even therapeutic issues in the room
- Increase your therapeutic knowledge and become a sought after teacher for private lessons
- Learn skills to increase the size of your group classes
- Educate yourself in the specific field you are interested in and become more specialized
- Learn from some of the best yoga teachers in the world that are steeped in a lineage of Tantra and yoga education
- Find potential opportunity with Abhaya, various affiliated service projects, and the larger network Abhaya has connections to. Abhaya works with the students to help them find opportunity in the world of yoga.
What you will walk away with from this Advanced Training
- A RYS 500 Hr Certification
- Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
- Pre-Natal Teacher Training
- Mini- Thai yoga training
- Teaching/ Assisting experience in the class-room
- Deeper experience in your field of interest
Elective hours allow the students to choose which area of study they would like to focus on. These courses are taught by experts in the field giving students very high level education to advance their craft.
Internship Opportunity: Students have the unique opportunity to choose the area of interest they would like hands on experience in.
Options include: ( 1 required/ 1 elective)
1) in-class Asana with various Abhaya teachers
2) in-class Asana with outside teachers ( TBA)
3) meditation, philosophy, service, business, chair yoga, pre-natal and more
$4250 regular registration
Price includes 20 class card.
August – no classes, just electives and make up work.
Prerequisites: 200 hour level Yoga teacher training.
Space is limited.
e-mail email@example.com for application