Restorative Teacher Training
Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra Teacher Training with Narisara Vanichanan
In this in-depth training over two weekends, immerse yourself in the theory and practice of teaching Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Restorative Yoga is a practice of receiving support and guiding the body into tranquility & healing. The practitioner is placed in poses with the aid of props, which soothes the nervous system, relaxes the mind and calms the spirit. Yoga Nidra can be utilized for many purposes, which include deep relaxation, to release what lies in the subconscious and unconscious, and to experience an expanded state of consciousness.
You must hold a 200 hour yoga teacher training certification to enroll in this restorative yoga training.
Through demonstration, lecture, discussion and practice-teaching, participants will:
- Learn the science and anatomy behind stress -Understand the importance of rest for body & nervous system
- Practice several, luxurious Restorative Yoga postures and understand sequencing
- Create set-ups and adjustments for different body types and physical conditions
- Discuss environmental cues that may enhance relaxation and renewal
- How to sequence restoratives into public classes and with private clients
- Learn Restorative Yoga with minimal props
- Experience the benefits of Yoga Nidra first-hand
- Understand Yoga Nidra’s heritage, benefits and results through contemporary science
- Learn the essential principles, practices, and formats of Yoga Nidra
- Discuss the benefits, risks, and ethics of leading Yoga Nidra
- Develop levels of relaxation, recognize distinguishing characteristics & benefits, progressing through levels of awareness that correspond to energetic layers (koshas)
- Set and use a personal resolve (sankalpa) during stages of Yoga Nidra
- Learn breathing techniques, guided imagery, and other stress-relieving techniques
- Practice teaching poses and guiding each other This Training is open to yoga instructors and enthusiastic students who have had a dedicated practice.
Please bring an eye pillow. Wear suitable clothing for light movement.
- Friday, September 14, 4pm – 7pm
- Saturday, September 15, 9:30am – 5pm
- Sunday, September 16, 9:30am – 5pm
- Friday, September 21, 4pm – 7pm
- Saturday, September 22, 9:30am – 5pm
- Sunday, September 23, 9:30am – 5pm
A former dancer and photographer, Narisara Vanichanan received her 200-hr and 500-hr yoga teacher training from OM Yoga Center, Pre-Natal Yoga certification from Janice Clarfield, Yin Yoga certification from Corina Benner, Restorative Yoga training from Judith Hanson Lasater, and graduate from the OM Meditation Teacher Training program. She is also certified an additional 200-hr Therapeutic Yoga from Abhyasa Yoga Center, in Yoga for Cancer survivors and has practiced vipassana (insight) meditation for over 15 years. Narisara has studied anatomy at The Breathing Project with Amy Matthews and Leslie Kaminoff for 3 years. She has additional certifications in pranayama and hand mudras with Joseph and Lillian LePage.
Narisara blends poetry, the visual arts, anatomy studies & dharma into her classes and draws inspiration from everyday urban life. For Narisara, teaching yoga is an opportunity to help others, and she offers a creative but structured environment where the present moment is honored. She is based in New York City, NY.
Outside the studio, Narisara has worked in the arts and nonprofit management. She has a master’s in arts administration from Columbia University and is a graduate of Coro Leadership NY.