Led by: Narisara Vanichanan
From March 5, 2021 at 6:30 pm until March 7, 2021 at 5:30 pm at
In this live, online training, immerse yourself in the nourishing practice and science of teaching Restorative Yoga. Restorative Yoga is a practice of receiving support and guiding the body into tranquility & healing. With the aid of props, the practitioner is placed in poses which soothe the nervous system, relaxes the mind, calms the spirit, boosts the immune system, and helps hormonal balance. Through demonstration, lecture, additional workshops, and practice-teaching, participants will:
· Practice several, luxurious Restorative Yoga postures, deepening one’s personal understanding
· Offer minimal prop, no-prop, and substitute prop variations for online classes
· Learn the science and anatomy behind stress and its detrimental effects on health
· Understand the importance of rest for the mind, emotions, the physical and energetic bodies
· Create set-ups and adjustments for mental, emotional and physical conditions, as well as different body types.
· Questions & discussion on Trauma & Race-based Trauma and Restorative Yoga
· Discuss environmental cues (music, sound, scent) that may enhance relaxation and renewal
· Best practices and suggestions on teaching online Restorative classes vs. in-person classes
· How to sequence Restorative postures into public classes and with private clients
It is suggested to hold a 200-hour yoga teacher training certification to enroll in this training.
Props for this training are: a firm yoga bolster (appropriate length for your spine), 2 yoga blocks (foam or cork), 2 yoga blankets, a yoga strap, a chair or wall, and an eye pillow or hand towel. Additional blocks, and a yoga sandbag are optional but not required. Firm pillows, couch cushions, beach towels, large pots, and thick, hard books will suffice but are not ideal for in-depth, long-term practice.
All students will receive a Restorative Yoga manual. This training will meet live online through Zoom during:
Friday, March 5th, 6:30PM – 8:30PM
Saturday, March 6th, 12PM - 5:30PM
Sunday, March 7th, 12PM - 5:30PM
Required reading: Restorative Yoga for Ethnic and Race-Based Stress & Trauma, by Dr. Gail Parker, Ph.D. Short, written homework will be assigned in teaching & personal Restorative practice. After completion of this course, participants will be eligible for 20 CEUs.
This Restorative Training includes admission to (or access to the recordings of) these live, Abhaya Yoga workshops:
· Sweet Agni Flow & Deep Relaxation for Kapha Season (Sunday, January 9, 2021, 12pm-2pm) RECORDED
· The Adventurous & Compassionate Heart: A Practice to Welcome the Spring Equinox (March 6th, 2021, 12pm-2pm)
$400 early bird (ends two weeks prior)/$450 regular pricing which includes admission to the January and March Abhaya workshops with Narisara