Meditation ClassAbhaya Meditation guides students into a deep state of listening. This class begins with a 10 minute personal quiet sit. Following the 10 minute “arrival sit”, the teacher will offer a teaching pointer for the evening as well as a meditation concept to embody and explore. The class concludes with another 15 minute meditation with about half of that being guided and the ending half in quiet. Students are not required to speak or share but questions can be asked at the end of class. Abhaya’s approach is self empowered one that allows the student to find their own way to deeper freedom and ease.
Class Times @ Gowanus
- Wednesdays 7:45-8:15pm
- Thursday 10-10:30am
- Meditation reduces stress, which we all experience living in New York
- It helps improve concentration, memory and focus
- It increases our self awareness
- Encourages our ability to look at ourselves with kindness instead of critique
- It increases positive emotions which contribute to our overall well being
Enjoy quiet time for yourself in contemplation, meditation, or silent prayer. Open sitting offers you the escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and life and a chance to connect to yourself. This open space is without a teacher or guide and allows you to practice your own meditation on your own time. Come revel in sweetness and depth of your own heart and mind.