Fear Less Love More
Immersion – 100Hr
Have questions about our program? Join Tara for a Free Online Open House, Sunday Jan 16 at 11:15 ET
Deepen Your Practice and Embark on a Journey of Self-DiscoveryAbhaya Immersion is a 100 hour immersive course perfect for the student desiring to deepen their personal practice AND go to the next level of education and expertise in Yoga. Step into the depth of yoga in a supportive environment with experienced teachers and like minded students.
Fall Online & In Person Immersion 2021
- Starts September 12 through October 20 2021
In Person Spring Immersion 2022
- March 13 through April 27
- 100 Hr Abhaya Certificate that can be used to enter Part 2 of Teacher Training Level 1 at any time
- Foundational skills of proper technique for asana (yoga poses)
- A 4 Pillar system, The Abhaya Method, offering clarity of function from Physical – Subtle Body
- Clear accessible anatomical knowledge
- Therapeutic understanding and specific exercises for your individual needs
- Gained perspective on the Tradition and Self
- Practical Breathing and Meditation techniques
- New Community and friendship!
The HOW and WHY to Yoga Asana (POSES)
- Have you ever been in yoga class wondering how to do a certain pose with clarity and safety? … wanting to know more?
- Students will learn The Abhaya Method The Abhaya Method focuses on the return to our natural state by attuning to the architecture of the body aligned with a free and open breath. In a very practical way, we teach how to align the skeleton with the proper relationship of muscles and expansion of the breath. These alignment tools simply help the student to find ease, foundational strength, and opening.
Applied Anatomy and Therapeutic Approach
- Have you ever heard a teacher call out a name of a particular bone or muscle as it relates to the asana being practiced… and you want to know more about how it works? Do you have a pain or injury and want to understand more about the complexity of your human body?
- At Abhaya, we love teaching anatomy in an interesting and applicable way. Because there is more focused time in immersion, we can understand the body as a whole and why individual patterns arise. Anatomy and therapeutics are taught side by side to better understand the application of it. Each Immersion Teacher at Abhaya Yoga has years of experience in Therapeutics and disseminates the material in a relevant way for students seeking freedom and knowledge in their bodies.
Philosophy, Mythology & the History of Yoga
- Have you ever heard a philosophical concept or story that sparks a light in your mind or heart ?… and you want to remember or understand more fully the context or origin?
- Abhaya is very interested in honoring the Tradition of yoga while making it accessible and relevant to our lives currently. The breadth of history that encapsulates Philosophy & Spirituality is explored from the most early and classical texts to the later Tantric, Non-Dual and Devotional (From Vedic BCE periods – 13th Century – Modern Day). All the material covered is woven back into our living lives. The study of the Tradition offers the student context and depth for their own growth and inevitable transformation.
Pranayama (Breathwork) & Meditation
- Do you often feel more relaxed after Yoga Class, breathing exercises and the short meditative moments? .. yes, you would love to experience more? Have you experienced a glimmer of a melting in your heart or mind in meditation and would love to spend more time on the subtle practices?
- Understand the “Anatomy of Breathing” and the Physiology of Breathing. Our breath is tied together with the anatomy of the body, fascial network as well as our endocrine and nervous system. These systems collaborate to help serve the health and function of our body. Meditation is one of the foundational aspects of a yoga practice. By giving us time and capacity for reflection, we come to know ourselves and awaken. Learn the tradition of meditation and techniques varying from the Classical approach to the later Non-Dual approach.
Ayurveda (The ancient Science of Life)/ Lifestyle Practices
- Have you wondered, why you have a different body constitution from someone else? Why you desire certain practices or foods different from your friend next to you? Have you experienced yourself out of balance, anxious, or unsettled?
- Ayurveda, the ancient science of life is the Sister to Yoga. They work hand in hand. Ayurveda teaches us about our own constitution vatta, pitta, kapha in relation to the 5 elements; earth, water, air, fire, space) and empowers us with tools to bring ourselves back into balance.
The Abhaya Method
- The How and Why to Yoga Poses
- Foundational Principles for Asana
- Subtle Body application
- Applied Anatomy
Breathwork and Meditation
Subtle Body Anatomy
- The Pranic body; Koshas, Nadis, Vayus, Chakras, and Bandhas
Philosophy and Spiritual Study
- Study of Non-Dual Tantra
- Study of the Yoga Sutras
- Study of the Bhagavad Gita
Lifestyle and Yogic Health
“Immersion strengthened my practice, my awareness, my body. What I didn’t expect – and what I’m most grateful for – was that Immersion also refined how I articulate my ideas, helped me translate sensation into communication, and taught me to honor silence and emotion. The sweetest part is that I made some of my closest friends in the process!”
My mind gropes around in darkness. I cannot see where my duty lies. Krishna, I beg you, tell me frankly and clearly what I ought to do. I am your disciple. I put myself in your hands. Show me the way.”