We carry with us our ancestors within our bones. Thought patterns and karmic imprints can dissuade us from living within a place of pure experience, rather than being clouded by judgments left within our DNA...
Reiki is life-giving energy that flows freely, is all-embracing, and animates every living being...
Weekend 1: Overview of fascia, the spine, disc problems, sacroiliac joint, scoliosis, breathing, hips The fascial system and the vertebral spine as foundations for all movement Scoliosis – how to observe it and what yoga poses help to center the spine The anatomy of respiration with techniques to illustrate yoga’s power to facilitate healthy breathing Therapeutic yoga for disc, sacroiliac and hip problems Immerse yourself in the study of the human body in a lively interactive group setting, with yoga as our focus...
Weekend 2: Knees, ankles and feet, shoulders, neck, arms, hands, osteoporosis and osteoarthritis Biomechanics and therapeutics for the knees, ankles and feet The most common shoulder and arm issues and how to adapt yoga practice to help heal them Essentials on osteoporosis and osteoarthritis and how yoga helps Immerse yourself in the study of the human body in a lively interactive group setting, with yoga as our focus...
Abhaya Gowanus is a 5300-square foot facility for yoga located steps from the Smith-9th Street stop (F/G trains) and a short subway ride from Prospect Heights, Park Slope and Brooklyn Heights.
- Grand Yoga/Movement Room
- Medium Yoga/Movement Room
- Meditation Room
- 2 Healing Rooms for private therapeutic sessions
- Brooklyn Pilates Project owned by Kara Fitzpatrick
- Expansive Lounge, cafe and Art Gallery
Abhaya Yoga is a community oriented Center committed to the process of awakening the body, heart, and mind. The traditional roots of yoga are held while embracing a modern, accessible approach. The various styles of yoga and healing modalities are offered with a non-dogmatic perspective allowing students to find their own way to freedom.
The culture of Abhaya Yoga encourages humility, studentship, and a high value on yoga education. It is a place where like-minded students of yoga and life gather to share the great conversation and transformative practice to yoga in a beautiful, supportive, sacred environment.
- Abhaya Dumbo: Home to Abhaya Yoga for over 8 years, our new Pearl Street yoga studio provides a fresh, modern and welcoming space for your yoga practice. Our studio is within easy reach of Brooklyn Heights, Fort Greene and Downtown Brooklyn. A quick ride from Manhattan and NYC on the F (York St) and A (High Street) subway lines.
- Abhaya Gowanus: Opened in 2017, our new flagship yoga center is the largest hub for yoga teacher training, workshops and events in Brooklyn. Over 5,000 sq feet welcome you to a diverse schedule of yoga classes and wide spectrum of spiritually minded education.