Trauma Sensitive Yoga
Trauma Center – Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY) is a unique intervention based on the robust research that is a program of the Center for Trauma and Embodiment. It has become a leading evidence-based adjunct treatment for complex trauma.This training with field expert and mode creator Jenn Turner, is designed to empower practitioners of many disciplines create embodied, trauma-sensitive environments to meet the communities they serve. Based on over 20 years of research, collaboration and direct care, our model of trauma-sensitive yoga (TCTSY) has helped thousands of people dealing with severe post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and complex, relational trauma—from military veterans to survivors of chronic abuse and neglect. Through lecture, small group work, and guided practice, this 20-hr workshop explores
- The latest trauma theories, neurophysiology, and impacts of systemic trauma
- Theoretical underpinnings and methodology of TCTSY
- An in-depth look at studies involving TCTSY
- Exploration of how power and privilege impact your work
- Opportunities to practice the material.
Note This weekend training qualifies as the prerequisite for the 300-hour Trauma Center Trauma-Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY) certification program. (i.e., this training is not a certification but satisfies the requirement for participation in the 300-hour Yoga Alliance-approved TCTSY certification program).
- March 31st, Friday – 2pm – 8 pm
- April 1st, Saturday – 1pm – 8 pm
- April 2nd, Sunday – 11:30am – 4:30pm