Fear Less Love More
Winter Mentoring for Teachers with Tara
Begins February 21- March 7Sundays 10am-12:30pm group mentoring Private mentoring to be scheduled personally
Overview:Be personally guided by lover of yoga and teacher of teachers, Tara Glazier for a month-long mentor program. This unique approach to teaching teachers welcomes a small group of passionate yoga teachers into the next level of their teaching. With a combination of group and private one-on-one guidance, the mentee has an opportunity to ask personalized questions, practice trouble areas, and gain assistance in verbal cueing, sequencing and class construction. The most valuable part of this program is the mentee receiving feedback from two of their yoga (online) classes. They will be able to integrate the feedback from class #1 to class #2. In the private sessions with Tara, the mentee will break down their class sequence, how they instruct the pose/s, how they use tempo and intonation, and how they integrate theme. Keeping connected to the mentees authentic voice, Tara will help to bring that out, as well as make some recommendations that can strengthen their class/s. Sessions are very engaged and invested in the mentees development and challenging them to advance their teaching.
Who is this training for?If you have completed a 200 RYT Yoga Training or even a 300 E-RYT and feel like you could use some individual guidance, this program is for you. You must be actively teaching. If you are not teaching online, you would have to provide a recording of two of your classes. Perhaps you feel like you say the same things or do not know how to advance a pose or make modifications for those who have certain injuries. Perhaps you feel like your class lacks heart and you would like to help be a guide toward deeper, more subtle or more heartfelt yoga? Would you like to build your classes, teach privates, and build community and make yoga less of a hobby and more of a way of life?
Who is Tara Glazier (ERYT 500, owner / founder Abhaya Yoga)?Tara has been training teachers for over 10 years and is passionate about helping teachers to refine their voice and become more skillful in that process. She opened Abhaya Yoga in 2010. Abhaya yoga is a school that focuses on tradition, education, community, and spiritual connection. It was the first Anusara School in Brooklyn and has transitioned to encompass both alignment/ therapeutics and vinyasa flow. Tara teaches the Abhaya Method, which provides a framework for her classes and trainings. The method utilizes safe bio-mechanics and breath principles that allow for greater strength and freedom in the body. In 2015, she headed the forming of Abhaya Yoga Foundation 501c3, non-profit, which supports inclusivity in yoga by offering yoga teacher training scholarships to a diverse population and background. In her past life, she was a professional dancer and teacher and director for dance. She has a love and deep respect for yoga which has helped her to heal her body, her heart and her mind. Tara has been on the mat for over 20 years and has a lot of great stories to tell!
How is this different from a 200 or 300 TT:This program is very different from a content driven 200 or 300 TT in that it focuses on the individual teacher, their experience of teaching, and meets them where they are at. Consider this coaching program where you work one on one and break down all the components of a class. Once you receive feedback, you have an opportunity to work on teaching in a group and one on one!
This program includes:
- 3 hours of group mentored time with Tara with feedback and Q&A
- 2 personal viewings or taking of mentee’s yoga class (online) by Tara
- 2 personal and private feedback sessions with Tara after your class 2 hour
- 3 Open/Int Asana Classes Sunday 10-11:15am (mentees encouraged to take advantage of unlimited classes in Feb – Mar 20)
Topics the may be addressed: (but not limited to)
- Verbal instruction and articulation with clarity (helping to make instructions have most power by taking out what is not needed and focusing on efficient language).
- Systematic building block approach to leading poses and instructing from the ground up
- Modifications and advancing poses so everyone feels challenged and comfortable
- Teaching refinements – how to do so without overwhelming
- Subtle body integration
- Theme integration (artful approach of integrating mind, body and heart helping their students to feel the full power of yoga)
- The difference between teaching group classes and privates
- Therapeutic approach to yoga that aids for open and private classes
- The new world of teaching online!
Mentees will receive feedback on:Their class structure, sequence, and thematic elements before individual class review Voice, tempo, verbal cues Validity of anatomy / biomechanical technique/ therapeutic approach
Recommendations:Take additional classes with Tara and the Abhaya team Participants are strongly encouraged to take the Continuing Education (20 hours) program with Abhaya Yoga throughout 2021. Daily meditation and daily self practice
Pre-requisites:200 Teacher Training program with a valid training school Must be actively teaching yoga
Dates:Sundays- February 21, 28, March 7
Schedule:10-11:15am (asana class), 11:30am-12:30pm (group mentor time) *Private time and personal class viewings to be scheduled separately
Unlimited classes with Tara once paid, Feb- March 20th
- 9 Total Hours of Mentoring
- 3 Semi-private Mentoring hours
- 4 Private hours (2 asana classes viewed, 2 30 min feedback sessions, 1 hour admin of writing up)
- 3.5 hours required asana class
Abbhaya Grads $475 valid through Jan 202x one on one live class assessment, feedback and analysis