Abhaya Yoga offers the highest quality in Yoga Teacher Training education. Abhaya fosters the development of new teachers or experienced teachers by empowering them with skillful means, knowledge – steeped in tradition, inspiration to help, teach, & serve. Our Yoga Alliance Training programs have graduated over 80 teachers with 75% of graduates teaching yoga actively worldwide. Abhaya recognizes the traditional roots of yoga while offering a modern, yet refined approach.
TT Open Houses –
Abhaya invites you to a yoga class followed by lite breakfast snacks and an informational session about Teacher Training.
Advanced TT Open House (300 Hour Certification) – Sunday Nov 4, 2018
Come, meet us, and learn about the Advanced TT curriculum.
Optional* Be our Guest — Yoga class with Tara Glazier 10-11:30am
Open House 11:45am-12:15pm
Location: Abhaya Yoga Gowanus
Create your own individualized program and become a E-RYT 500 Yoga Teacher!
200 Hour TT Open House – Sunday November 18, 2018
Come, meet us, and learn about the 200 Hour Teacher Training curriculum
*Optional – Be our Guest- Yoga Class 10-11:30am with Tara Glazier
Open House 11:45a-12:15p
WHO DO WE SERVE ?
- Interested students looking to deepen their practice
- Those in search of a 200 Hr Certification accredited through Yoga Alliance
- 200 Hour Certified Teachers looking for Continuing Education
- 200 Hour Certified Teachers looking for a 300 Hr Advanced TT (to receive their 500-ERYT)
100 Hour Immersion
For the interested and dedicated student looking to deepen their practice and study of Yoga. Paves the way toward 200-hour yoga teacher training certification.
- Expand your yoga practice
- August 2018
- Dive into anatomy, meditation and yoga philosophy
200 Hour Teacher Training
The 200 Hour Teacher Training fully prepares the aspiring teacher to graduate with skill, grace, and a depth of knowledge to confidently teach professionally.
- September 12th – December 23, 2018
- Intensive format available
- Graduate 200-hour RYT (Yoga Alliance)
300 Hour Teacher Training
Our 300 Hour Advanced Teacher Training is for the dedicated teacher that wants to dive in, spend consistent time with one particular group and build a trusting environment for growth.
- January – June, 2019
- Graduate E-RYT 500 (Yoga Alliance)
- Includes a domestic group retreat!
WHERE WE ARE
Our hub for teacher training programs is at Abhaya Gowanus, our unique 5300 sq foot yoga center – easily accessible from NYC and Manhattan on the F line and just a few subway stops from Prospect Heights, Park Slope, Carroll Gardens and Brooklyn Heights (R or G trains).
Abhaya Yoga has a well established yoga teacher training offering with over a 7 year history serving the Brooklyn and NYC community with Yoga Alliance registered training programs.
The Abhaya Method focuses on the return to our natural state by attuning to the architecture of the body, aligned with a free and open breath. The method teaches to deepen awareness while releasing holding and gripping patterns in the body and mind. With the encouragement of the breath, the practitioner is guided toward alignment, healing, and an inherent freedom that lives within them.
Each layer of experience from most physical to most subtle is explored through asana, pranayama, meditation, subtle body techniques, philosophy study, chanting, and community support.
- Full Spectrum – Integration of Practices; Asana, Breathwork, Therapeutic Anatomy, and empowering Philosophy & Spiritual Study
- Accessible – relevant and tangible practices
- Steeped in Tradition – honoring the roots and history of the practice.
6 Levels of Education
- Immersion (100 Hours) – Deepen your practice and self- study
- 200 Hour Teacher Training (RYT 200 Yoga Alliance Registered)
- 300 Hour Teacher Training (to become 500 E-RYT)
- Continuing Education (for Certified Teachers)
- Mentorship (for graduates or Certified Teachers looking for one on one guidance)
- Abhaya Apprenticeship to become an Abhaya Teacher Trainer (for 300 Hr Graduates seeking education to train Teachers within Abhaya Yoga)
- The confidence to teach
- Clarity in understanding the anatomy of your body
- A deep experience of the Subtle or Inner Practices of Yoga
- An ability to teach on a deeper level and more integrated way
“What is a teacher? I’ll tell you: it isn’t someone who teaches something, but someone who inspires the student to give of her best in order to discover what she already knows.”