Restorative Teacher Training
Online Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Full & Minimal Props
Spring 2021 dates to come, please stay tuned!For Narisara, a former dancer & practicing Theravada Buddhist, teaching yoga is an opportunity to help students find clarity, renewed energy & spacious stillness. She offers a creative but structured environment where the present moment is honored. Narisara is a teacher trainer specializing in calm, abiding practices, such as mindful movement, Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga and meditation. She draws inspiration from nature, healthy living, and the unexpected in urban life. Narisara (ERYT-500, YACEP) is completing her training as an Ayurveda Yoga Specialist and is studying Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupressure. In 2009, she received her yoga teacher training from Om Yoga Center and studied advanced anatomy for three years at The Breathing Project. She has been practicing vipassana (insight) meditation and formal Dhamma study with Wat Florida Dhammaram & New York Downtown Meditation Community. Narisara has taught yoga at residential meditation retreats, corporate law firms, and universities. Her certifications include The Roll Method® massage therapy balls, Yoga4Cancer, mudras, pranayama, and yoga nidra.
In this live, online training, immerse yourself in the nourishing practice and science of teaching Restorative Yoga. Restorative Yoga is a practice of receiving support and guiding the body into tranquility & healing. With the aid of props, the practitioner is placed in poses which soothe the nervous system, relaxes the mind, calms the spirit, boosts the immune system, and helps hormonal balance. Through demonstration, lecture, additional workshops, and practice-teaching, participants will:
- Practice several, luxurious Restorative Yoga postures, deepening one’s personal understanding
- Offer minimal prop, no-prop, and substitute prop variations for online classes
- Learn the science and anatomy behind stress and its detrimental effects on health
- Understand the importance of rest for the mind, emotions, the physical and energetic bodies
- Create set-ups and adjustments for mental, emotional and physical conditions, as well as different body types.
- Questions & discussion on Trauma & Race-based Trauma and Restorative Yoga
- Discuss environmental cues (music, sound, scent) that may enhance relaxation and renewal
- Best practices and suggestions on teaching online Restorative classes vs. in-person classes
- How to sequence Restorative postures into public classes and with private clients
- It is suggested to hold a 200-hour yoga teacher training certification to enroll in this training.
Props for this training are: a firm yoga bolster (appropriate length for your spine), 2 yoga blocks (foam or cork), 2 yoga blankets, a yoga strap, a chair or wall, and an eye pillow or hand towel. Additional blocks, and a yoga sandbag are optional but not required. Firm pillows, couch cushions, beach towels, large pots, and thick, hard books will suffice but are not ideal for in-depth, long-term practice.
All students will receive a Restorative Yoga manual. This training will meet live online through Zoom during:
- Sweet Agni Flow & Deep Relaxation for Kapha Season (Sunday, January 9, 2021, 12pm-2pm) RECORDED
- The Adventurous & Compassionate Heart: A Practice to Welcome the Spring Equinox (March 13th, 2021, 12pm-2pm)