Restorative Teacher Training
Online Restorative Yoga Teacher Training with Full & Minimal Props
February 2022 Training Dates & Times
- Friday 2/10- 5-8pm
- Saturday 2/11 8am-5pm
- Sunday 2/12 8am-4pm
Immerse yourself in the nourishing practice and science of teaching Restorative Yoga. Restorative Yoga is a practice of receiving support and guiding the body into tranquility & healing. With the aid of props, the practitioner is placed in poses which soothe the nervous system, relaxes the mind, calms the spirit, boosts the immune system, and helps hormonal balance. Through demonstration, lecture, additional workshops, and practice-teaching, participants will:
- Practice several, luxurious Restorative Yoga postures, deepening one’s personal understanding
- Offer minimal prop, no-prop, and substitute prop variations for online classes
- Learn the science and anatomy behind stress and its detrimental effects on health
- Understand the importance of rest for the mind, emotions, the physical and energetic bodies
- Create set-ups and adjustments for mental, emotional and physical conditions, as well as different body types.
- Questions & discussion on Trauma & Race-based Trauma and Restorative Yoga
- Discuss environmental cues (music, sound, scent) that may enhance relaxation and renewal
- Best practices and suggestions on teaching online Restorative classes vs. in-person classes
- How to sequence Restorative postures into public classes and with private clients
- It is suggested to hold a 200-hour yoga teacher training certification to enroll in this training.
Props for this training are: a firm yoga bolster (appropriate length for your spine), 2 yoga blocks (foam or cork), 2 yoga blankets, a yoga strap, a chair or wall, and an eye pillow or hand towel. Additional blocks, and a yoga sandbag are optional but not required.
All students will receive a Restorative Yoga manual.
Required reading: Restorative Yoga for Ethnic and Race-Based Stress & Trauma, by Dr. Gail Parker, Ph.D. Short, written homework will be assigned in teaching & personal Restorative practice. After completion of this course, participants will be eligible for 20 CEUs.